Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Tinkered Just A Little Too Long

Keith Clark Lee County North Carolina GOP"Just one more thing".
I had wanted the capability to post shorter posts along with the featured posts of the day. I know there is a way to do this because I have seen it. And I kept working on getting that one more thing done until I discovered that I had used the wrong process for changing templates (the look of the site). I thought this might explain some nagging problems that occur but take less than 30 seconds to fix. I also found a template more consistent with the background we used in the past. No big deal, this is all user friendly and automated. The next thing I knew I had lost most of the extra content. I have been working on a"work around" just to get them back all afternoon. I could have duplicated them in that time. So please excuse us while we take care of these technical matters once and for all. You see, when I have a post, the last thing I want to discover is some annoyance.

In the meantime, it would be a good time to get the e-Lee Dispatch delivered by mail. That way you will know when there has been a new post. Not every person visiting the blog wants it known that they are a regular reader. There are two solutions. One is Feedblitz. This program gives all kinds of options--one of which is to keep blog publishers from knowing who is subscribing.
akapost (click here) is a free, simple and easy way to protect your email identity from being exposed on the Internet. With akapost, you can send and receive emails from any of your existing email accounts but still keep your actual email addresses private. akapost works with any email client or device such as computer, cell phone, or handheld, etc. No software download or installation is required. Simply sign up and register your email address, it’s ready to go. Protecting email identity has never been so easy - and akapost Basic is completely free and it allows you to create one akapost email address and protect one of your actual email addresses.

No comments:

Post a Comment